Velocity Industries Limited T/A Vision UK takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account, make and receive payments and provide the products and services you have requested from us or supply to us.
However, from time to time we may contact you with details of other products or services we provide. This will be for direct marketing purposes only and is a legitimate business interest. However, we shall cease contact without undue delay if you object to this.
Velocity Industries Limited T/A Vision UK may change this policy from time to time and will ensure an updated version of this policy is available on our website.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
If you are a Velocity Industries Limited T/A Vision UK customer or supplier we will also have details to send and receive payments, such as your bank details.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online
Data Breach Notification
In the unlikely event of a Data Breach, Velocity Industries Limited T/A Vision UK have in place a policy and procedure that will ensure any breaches are investigated and reported in line with legislation. Preventative measures and Privacy by Design are also a prerequisite.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, we will ask you to click to “opt in” to receive latest product information. Only do this if you would like to receive further information.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. However, in the unlikely event that it is deemed necessary to do so, we shall only do this when we have obtained your explicit permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional and marketing information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, but only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
In the event of the cessation of a business relationship, i.e. if we stop providing products and services to our customers or a supplier stops providing products or services to Velocity Industries Limited T/A Vision UK, we intend to retain your data for six years.
If you would like the data deleted from our business systems, we will duly comply. However, we will then retain your data for a mandatory 3 years. The reason for this is; Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
You may request details of personal data which we hold about you. Please write to:
The Data Protection Officer
Velocity Industries Limited T/A Vision UK
Frodsham Business Centre
Frodsham WA6 7FZ
Data Rectification and/or Deletion
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect, incomplete, or you would simply prefer for us to no longer hold your details, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. We will also delete any information or details held about you if you have expressly requested this without undue delay.