General Terms & Conditions of Sale
The General Terms and Conditions shall apply to every contract of the sale of goods and services made between Velocity Industries Ltd t/a Vision UK and its’ customers. These terms and conditions shall supersede all other terms and conditions.
Throughout the rest of this document “Velocity Industries Ltd t/a Vision UK” will be referred to by the trading name “Vision-UK”.
By accepting quotations, goods and services provided by Vision-UK the customer is agreeing to these General Terms and Conditions.
Unless otherwise stated all prices quoted are exclusive of VAT.
- Invoices for services provided may be raised in advance of work being carried out.
- Discrepancies and queries on Invoices must be raised in writing by the customer within 14 days of the invoice date. Vision-UK reserve the right to dismiss any queries made after 14 days.
- Payment of Goods and Service shall be made prior to the time of supply unless credit account facilities have been pre-arranged in writing by Vision-UK.
- Annual Live-View Server and Air Time charges must be paid annually in advance. The charge period will begin after supply of the system unless alternative arrangements have been agreed in writing by Vision-UK.
- Where credit account facilities have been offered, full payment must be made by the end of the month of invoice, or within a specific timescale that has been agreed by Vision-UK in writing.
- If payment is not received in full within the agreed payment terms Vision-UK reserves the right to suspend supply.
- There will be a charge of £10.00 made if a cheque is returned unpaid
- If payment of a credit account is overdue Vision UK reserves the right to charge interest on that account according to the following schedule:
- 7 days after an account has gone overdue an interest rate of 2.5% above the prevailing base rate of NATWEST Bank PLC may be charged to that account, after 30 days this may be increased to 7.5% and after 120 days may be raised to 12.5%.
5) Delivery of Goods
- All delivery dates and times for the supply of goods and services are estimated. Should a quoted delivery date or time not be met Vision-UK shall not be liable for any consequential loss, damages or expense incurred.
- All deliveries may be suspended if the financial balance on a credit account is not within the agreed terms.
- In the event that goods are delivered at a place agreed with the customer – but no representative of the customer is available – Vision-UK reserve the right to
deposit the goods as agreed and shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting therefrom.
- Customers wishing to send a representative to collect goods on their behalf should provide a written list of nominated persons authorised to collect goods. In absence of such instructions the customer shall be liable for all goods issued in good faith on their account.
6) Delivery Shortages
- The customer shall inspect all goods and inform Vision-UK in writing within 48 hours of receipt of any shortages, non-conformities against the order or damage to the goods in transit.
- If goods have not been received within 7 days of the delivery date provided by Vision-UK, the customer must inform Vision-UK in writing that the goods have not been received.
- If a customer fails to give notice of a shortage or none receipt of goods as required, then the goods shall be deemed to have been satisfactorily supplied and ownership transferred to the customer.
- Orders for stock items can be cancelled at any time prior to shipment without penalty.
- The customer is liable for the full cost of cancelled orders for non-stock items.
- The definition of a non-stock item is a product, or quantity of a product, that would not normally be stocked by Vision-UK.
- To cancel a scheduled Installation or Service appointment the customer must give 48 hours’ notice prior to the appointed time to avoid a cancellation charge. If notice is not provided Vision-UK reserve the right to make a partial or full charge for the time allocated for the scheduled work.
8) Returns of Goods
- The customer has 14 days to advise Vision-UK in writing that they wish to return unwanted goods, and the goods must be returned to Vision-UK within a further 14 days.
- For unwanted goods returned inside the standard 14-day return period the customer may request a full refund or credit on the cost of the goods.
- For goods returned inside the standard 14-day return period that have been supplied to the correct specification but no longer required, the customer is liable for returning the goods to Vision-UK and covering the original shipping cost.
- If unwanted goods have been incorrectly supplied, Vision-UK is liable for reimbursing all shipping charges.
- If returned unwanted goods are not in a resalable condition Vision-UK may reject the goods or may charge the cost of making the goods resalable.
- At its discretion, on a case by case basis, Vision-UK may accept the return of goods for credit outside the standard 14-day return period. Such arrangements must be confirmed in writing by Vision-UK and the customer may be liable for inspection and restocking charges as well as any costs that are required to make the product re-saleable or affect the products re-sale value.
- At its discretion on a case by case basis Vision-UK may offer to take product back outside the 14-day return period at a price lower than that originally paid by the customer. In such cases the customer must have this agreement confirmed in writing by Vision-UK.
9) Faulty Goods
- In all cases Vision-UK will be the sole arbitrator on determining if goods are faulty.
- In all cases Vision-UK reserve the right to determine if faulty goods will be considered as warranty, failure due to damage or incorrect operation, or will be replaced under goodwill.
- In all cases Vision-UK reserves the right to determine if faulty goods are to be replaced or repaired.
- In all cases the customer is liable for removing and returning goods that they believe to be faulty.
- In no circumstances will Vision-UK accept any consequential loss caused by faulty goods
- Faults on Installation and Service Work
- In all cases Vision-UK will be the sole arbitrator on determining if work carried out by Vision-UK or its representative is of satisfactory standard.
- If the customer believes that installation or service work has not been carried out to a satisfactory standard they must inform Vision-UK within 48 hours of the work being completed.
- Vision-UK will not recompense the customer for any work carried out to rectify work performed by Vision-UK, or its authorised representatives, unless the rectification work has been authorised in writing by Vision-UK.
- In no circumstances will Vision-UK accept any consequential loss caused by faulty installation or service work.
10) Sub contracting
Vision-UK reserves the right to sub contract all or part of its obligation.
- New goods shall be supplied with a 24 month return to factory warranty except for HDD’s that are supplied with a 12 months warranty.
- Reconditioned, Service Exchange and Special-Order goods are supplied with a three-month warranty.
- Installation work is supplied with a 3-month on-site warranty. Warranty work may only be performed by Vision-UK, or its authorised representatives, unless the rectification work has been authorised in writing by Vision-UK.
- In no circumstances will Vision-UK accept any consequential loss caused by Warranty issues.
12) Consequential loss
Vision-UK hereby excludes to the extent permitted by law any liability for:
- Consequential loss or damage caused by, or arising out
of, the use of goods and services provided or accruing in respect of the goods and services supplied.
- Loss or damage due to fair wear and tear and
negligence or improper use, operation, storage and or
13) Title and Risk
- Title to the goods shall be retained by Vision-UK until
the customer has made full payment.
- The risk of the goods shall pass to the customer
The invalidity of any individual provisions of these conditions shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
15) Governing Law
The terms and conditions of sale in all respects to be governed and constructed with accordance of English law.
Vision UK a Trading Division of Velocity Industries Ltd
Registered Office: Public Hall Court, Public Hall Street, Runcorn, WA7 1NG
REG. NO: 06727224